The Best Map of the US #3
Time for another map of the US. This one was submitted by Amanda:
Amanda drew this map in kindergarten and saved it on her fridge for this day.
There’s a lot going on here:
- This version of the US has about 10 states. That’s nice–it simplifies things.
- This is the first map to include Alaska, which is apparently an island in the Great Lakes.
- Hawaii is a floating plane over Mexico.
- I love the enhanced version of Missouri. The scale is amazing. St. Charles is directly south of Kansas City. I knew it was way out west, but I didn’t realize it was that far.
- I don’t know who the people are on the map, but I’m particularly intrigued by “Gypsy Sister.”
- I appreciate the Biddy shout-out. As for “pet Biddy” on the to-do list…considering I don’t actually know Amanda, that could be a little weird. Biddy does, however, run a petting zoo every day while I’m at work. You pet him, he pets you.
It’s almost the weekend, so you know what that means…throw back a few beers and draw a map of the US by hand or on the computer. Send them to email@example.com.