5 Odd Things for Which I’m Thankful
This is what you'd look like if evolution hadn't happened. How would you ever get a date?!
Here are a few odd things that I’m thankful for today:
- Rainy days. I actually can’t stand rainy days, but every rainy day comes with a free exterior car wash. That makes me happy.
- Evolution. Can you imagine where we’d be without evolution? We’d still be amino acids floating around in primal sludge! Take a minute to look at your body today and realize the level of complexity that makes us able to do all the things that we can. Don’t take for granted the ability to wipe your own butt, because someday you won’t be able to.
- Living alone. I love living alone. I can do whatever I want whenever I want. Most of this revolves around the ability to do things naked at any time.
- Taxes. That’s right, taxes. Taxes pay for things like libraries and roads and sewers and streetlights and police and education and clean water. 200 years ago, if you wanted a road, you had to build it yourself.
- Boxers. I didn’t know boxers were an option until high school. I spent 15 years of my life in tighty whities! Oh, the constriction…. Boxers add such buoyancy to my life.
We’re all thankful for friends, family, life, love, kids, freedom, jobs, pets (Biddy!), those sorts of things. But what odd things are you thankful for today? Things that you might normally take for granted or complain about?