My Favorite Songs of 2011
After learning about some new ways to discover music in 2011, picking the 18 best was quite difficult. Here’s my best effort. Keep in mind that some of this music was released before 2011, but I attained it this year. I’ve also linked to YouTube for your sampling pleasure (if the song was available).
- Ten-Twenty-Ten (The Generationals)
- Caught Up in the Laughter (Bluebrain)
- CPR/Claws Pt. 2 (Typhoon)
- Summer Home (Typhoon)
- Opposite Sides (The Epochs)
- You Know What I Mean (Cults)
- Lonely Boy (The Black Keys)
- Video Games (Lana Del Ray)
- Tongue Tied (Grouplove)
- Lost in Time (Whitley)
- Airplanes (Local Natives)
- My Body (Young the Giant)
- Main Street (Deer Tick)
- Guineafowl (Botanist)
- Condolences (Kelli Schaeffer)
- After the Storm (Mumford & Sons)
- Down in the Valley (The Head and the Heart)
- I’m on Fire (Chromatics)
What was your favorite song or artist of 2011?
For reference, here is last year’s list.