I tried to take The Photo today, but it’s just not working. Time has weighed heavily on young Stegmaier.
So, I’m going to be on the local news. [Update from the future: You can see the video online here.}
No, it’s not what you think. I didn’t get caught streaking again. (Plus, I only streak when I panic, which should be legal.)
I’m being interviewed on NBC’s local news affiliate, KSDK, next Monday about my Kickstarter campaign. The anchor of one of the late-afternoon programs, Kay Quinn, found out about the campaign through a social-media correspondent who knows the co-designer of my game. She heard about the project, liked what she heard, and asked for an interview.
It actually almost happened today. I got an e-mail around 1:30 saying that they wanted me on at 3:45. Fortunately I was having a good hair day, so I prepped myself to go on…and then they decided to put it off for a week.
I’ve never been interviewed on camera on set before, so I have some questions for you to answer in the comments section:
- What are good colors to wear?
- How do you prevent yourself from saying “um” a million times?
- If the camera can only see me from the waist up, should I wear pants?
- Do I put the microphone near my mouth or in my mouth?
- Can I walk toward the camera and end up in someone’s living room?
- Where should I put my hands?
- Do I have to wear makeup or get a fake tan?
- If I wear a tie, should I knot it at the top or loosen it like I always do?
- Should I have a catch phrase? If so, what should it be?
- What’s the worst way to screw up this interview? I’d like to avoid that if possible.
- How often should I mention my cats? Wait, should I bring my cats to the interview?!
- Since it’s a wine game, should I drink before, after, or during the interview?
- Should I rip off my shirt to reveal a t-shirt that says, “jameystegmaier.com”?
- If I have to pee during the 3-minute interview, should I hold it or just go right then and there?
- Under what circumstances should I evoke the fifth amendment?
- How do I avoid the paparazzi afterwards?