My Favorite Songs of 2015
As I look back on my top-rated songs purchased in 2015 (I purchase individual songs on iTunes), I’m struck by the different ways I discovered these songs. At least 10 of them came from TV shows, movie trailers, and commercials (thank you, Shazam, for helping me identify them!).
Several others are from pop culture references, like the Adele song featured on SNL or Uptown Funk on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. And Bang Bang wouldn’t be on this list at all were it not for Alison Brie’s titillating performance of it on Lip Sync Battle.
The following list is all of my 5-star songs that I heard for the first time in 2015 (some were released several years ago). They’re in no particular order.
- “State Hospital” by Frightened Rabbit
- “The Woodpile” by Frightened Rabbit
- “Diane Young” by Vampire Weekend
- “40 Watt” by ELEL
- “Electric Love” by BORNS
- “Sparks” by The Do
- “Uptown Funk” by Bruno Mars
- “Blame It on Me” by George Ezra
- “Song 6” By George Ezra
- “Leaving It Up to You” by George Ezra
- “California” by Delta Spirit
- “Riptide” by Vance Joy
- “If I Die Before You” by Ludwig Goransson
- “Fight Song” by Rachel Platten
- “GDFR” by Flo Rida
- “Ends of the Earth” by Lord Huron
- “Bang Bang” by Jessie J
- “Last Night I Heard Everything in Slow Motion” by Oliver Tank
- “L.E.S. Artistes” by Santigold
- “First” by Cold War Kids
- “Can’t Feel My Face” by The Weeknd
- “Cecilia and the Satellite” by Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness
- “Hello” by Adele
How did you discover your favorite songs of 2015?
Here’s last year’s list.