Would You Appear Naked on TV?

The best comment on this post gets the uncensored pic. Although I'm probably wearing clothes under there. Probably.

I mentioned last week that I’ve been watching this show called True Blood. I also saw a movie called Friends with Benefits this past weekend. The common theme between the two?

Both have nudity.

The nudity in the movie was brief–a quick glimpse of some buttocks. In True Blood, there’s full nudity–mostly female, but some male. And every time I see nudity in movies and TV,ย I can’t help but think, “What do their parents think?”

It goes beyond parents–if you’re naked on TV, you will forever have your naked body parts available for anyone to see. Forever. Not that there’s any shame in being naked. I’m naked all the time. Just not in public.

Some movie stars choose not to ever be naked on the big screen, going as far as to use body doubles if a scene truly requires a butt cheek or two. But others take the plunge and embrace it, like Anna Paquin on True Blood.

So I’m curious: If you were offered a part on a TV show (HBO) or a movie, a part that would give you money, fame, etc, would you take it if the part involved some nudity?

18 Responses to “Would You Appear Naked on TV?”

1. Neeraja says:

If it were just my parents, that might be okay. It’s the thought of family friends and people who’ve seen my grow up seeing me in my birthday suit that totally FUH-REAKS me out.

Neeraja–Really? I’d say I’m the opposite there. I’m not worried about friends. I’m not even that worried about family. I think the weirdest part would be that every time you meet someone new, there would be the chance that they had already seen you naked. That would be disconcerting.

2. T-Mac says:

Surely you know that a sultry tie around the forehead is the male equivalent of those nipple covers they make strippers wear in Virginia. Without forehead nudity this is very PG-13.

3. Aaron says:

I have nothing insightful or witty to add. This is a boring, pointless comment. I will not seek, nor will I accept, access to the above uncensored photo.

Ha ha…I realized that I may have actually discouraged comments to this post by making that offer. ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Sarah says:

Oh gosh, I think I may have stumbled across your blog on the oddest possible day!
    If the thought of total strangers knowing what you look like starkers is unnerving to you, just imagine how it feels to BE a total stranger seeing you in nothing but a sultry censor block. It almost needs a censor block over the censor block, just to tone down the sexy. And another censor block over your forehead in deference to the Virginia stripper nipple law, of course. But at that point, you’d effectively be wearing a burqa and this would be an altogether different blog post.

Sarah–I should let you know that I am wearing nipple pasties under the censored box, per Virginia law. Each of the pasties are shaped like tiny burqas.

• Sarah says:

Sigh. With that, you’ve taken all the mystique out of it. Cancel my brief fascination.

…Although, supernumerary nipples have about a 2% rate in the general population, so I guess I could still sit around wondering whether there are two tiny burqas or three.

I actually saw a photo the other day of a woman who somehow (unintentionally) grew a nipple on the bottom of her foot. Is she alone, or am I holding my nipple foot at the bottom of the photo? The world will never know.

5. as says:

I’m going to sound really weird on here, but that’s nothing new for me. I would accept the role and gladly do nudity. I don’t think my body is fantastic by any means, but I’ve worked hard to get it to where it is today. Losing 150 pounds in a year and a half will make anyone have loose saggy skin and lumpy bits, but I’m still more healthy now than where I was at 320+ pounds. Sure, people might think I look disgusting nude on the show or whatever, but when they Google me and see the trainwreck I was and how I’ve improved, maybe they’d develop a new respect for me. Family and friends seeing me nude wouldn’t bother me, and neither would strangers. I’ve earned the right to bear my lumpy, saggy self all over the TV. Know any shows that are hiring? ๐Ÿ˜›

6. Jasmin says:

I don’t think I would ever want to be naked on tv or movies, but I would model naked for arts like paintings and drawings that don’t show my face.

So you’d be okay with standing naked in front of strangers in real life, but not okay with strangers seeing you naked in a video?

7. Jasmin says:

Oh, by the way, that picture is too hot for words. ๐Ÿ™‚

8. T-Mac says:

So, I’m sure the crowd is waiting with baited breath. Which commenter has earned the picture?

Well I think Sarah’s comment was the funniest, but I doubt she actually wants a half-naked photo of a stranger. Sarah, if you want your prize, you can e-mail me…otherwise it’ll remain a mystery forever.