My 7 Most Quirky Eating Habits
People often come up to me and ask, “What are your 7 most quirky eating habits?”
I usually respond, “That’s an odd, random question. But sure, here they are:”
If this doesn't make you drool, either (a) you're not human or (b) you're vegetarian.
I’m the slowest eater ever. Seriously. Sometimes it takes me so long to eat my breakfast at work that by the time I finish, it’s lunchtime.
- I dilute beverages at a ration of 3 parts juice or soda to 2 parts water. It stretches the delicious beverages of the world so they last longer. You might contend that they’re no longer delicious if you dilute them, but I’ve done it for so long that normal juice or soda tastes too strong.
- I make chocolate chip pancakes (Bisquik + semi-sweet chocolate chips) every other Sunday morning, and I eat the leftovers the next 2-3 days. Why every other? Because I love chocolate chip pancakes and I don’t want to overeat them to the point that they’re no longer good. Also, I don’t eat cereal. I want warm things in my tummy in the morning.
- I need three meals a day or I’ll get a migraine. This is the main reason why I haven’t applied for Survivor or The Amazing Race.
- I get an intense craving for dark chocolate at 3:00 every day.
- I eat a baby spinach salad at every dinner at the end of the meal. No matter what I ate before then, it cleanses my palate and makes me feel healthy. Even when I get my quarterly craving for Popeye’s fried chicken and end up looking like Jaba the Hutt on the couch, I feel clean afterwards if I end the meal with a salad.
- I very rarely mix sweet and salty. No sweet and sour chicken–just sour, please. No cranberries or fruit or sweet dressing on my salad. I pretty much want salty during the meal and a sweet dessert afterwards.
Okay, I know I’m not the only one out there with weird eating habits. Who’s with me? Let’s do this! (Runs out the door naked. No one follows.)
No, seriously: What are your quirky eating habits?