My Favorite Movies of 2011
Out of the 68 movies I watched for the first time in 2011, there were quite a few 4-star movies (out of 5), but very few 4.5s and 5s. I’ve listed those top movies below.
- Midnight in Paris: The whimsy of this movie delighted me from the first scene to the last, and the theme of nostalgia has stayed with me like no other film’s theme this year.
- Harry Potter 7.2: The last few Harry Potter movies left me wanting, but this one fulfilled my every desire for closing out the series. 5 points for Gryffindor!
- Win Win: How such a simple movie made such an impact on me, I don’t know. It’s heartfelt, funny, and extremely well written.
- The Fighter: Amazing acting makes this movie stands out, and the fight scenes are some of the best I’ve ever seen on film. Amy Adams in her underwear certainly didn’t hurt.
- Real Steel: The best action movie of the year. It’s pure popcorn entertainment at its best.
- Captain America: The First Avenger: The best comic book movie of the year. And it’s a period piece!
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo: This one is still fresh on my mind, but it deserves recognition for such a tight script and some truly chilling scenes. Rooney Mara is a revelation as Lisbeth Salander.
- Exit Through the Gift Shop: Probably the most fascinating documentary I’ve ever seen. It’ll let you into a hidden world that you know nothing about.
And my least favorite movies of 2011:
- The Hangover Part II
- Young Adult
- Your Highness
- Everything Must Go
- The Dilemma
- The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
- Percy Jackson & the Lightning Thief
Here’s last year’s list. What were your favorite movies you watched for the first time in 2011?