The First Baby in the Family

My little sister gave birth to a baby girl–her first–this morning. Anna Charlotte weighs in at 8.1 pounds (that number seems inconsequential to me, but most people ask about the weight, so there it is. You can now compare Anna Charlotte to the weight of other things and babies).

I could not be more proud and happy for my sister and her husband. They’re going to be wonderful parents to little Anna, and I think my parents are going to love being grandparents.

I didn’t see a photo of the baby right away, so when I posted the news on Facebook, I drew an artist rendition to help people visualize her. Now I have an actual photo, so I thought I’d share the side-by-side comparison of the two. Hopefully Anna turns out to be a better artist than me.

Anna drawing


8 thoughts on “The First Baby in the Family”

  1. Congratulations to your sister (and the rest of your family)– she is adorable! And much cuter than your drawing. 🙂
    Have fun spoiling her!

  2. I love being an aunt….I get to spoil little Margaret and be her favorite person (my name is Tia because Aunt Ansley is too nasal to me, but she calls me “Teat”…..yeah, I don’t know).

    Have fun being an uncle! Congrats!

    • Thanks everyone! I will accept these thanks on behalf of my sister, who did 98% of the work (her husband did the other 2%).

  3. I appreciate that this beautiful photo of little Anna lets us wonder, “Does she, in fact, have as much hair as Jamey’s artwork suggests?” Congrats!


Leave a Reply

Discover more from

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading