My Top 10 Most Anticipated Movies of 2019
Since I’m just a few days away from seeing my first movie on this list, I need to post it before it’s too late!
Please note that even though the list skews towards big, flashy action movies, I still really enjoy smaller, more intimate films. I may not get as excited about them in advance, but there’s a very good chance there are movies not on this list that will end up on my favorites list for 2019. I’m particularly looking for some great Netflix rom coms.
Here’s the list, in order of release date:
- Glass (January): I loved Unbreakable, and I enjoyed Split quite a bit too. Even though reviews are mixed on Glass, I still want to see it.
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (February): I really loved the first movie, as dragons are awesome, especially if they kind of act like cats. The early reviews of this are glowing.
- Captain Marvel (March): After Wonder Woman, I realized I want more super hero movies led by women. Plus, I love that Marvel has scheduled this so close to Avengers: Endgame, as it seems to indicate the two are closely tied to each other.
- Us (March): I really enjoyed Get Out, and I wish I had seen it in the theater. I won’t make the same mistake with Jordan Peele’s next movie.
- Avengers: Endgame (April): Yes. Please. I must watch this movie!
- Godzilla: King of the Monsters (May): This has one of the best teasers of any movie I’ve ever seen. I love Godzilla as a good guy, and I think this is going to be quite the spectacle.
- Toy Story 4 (June): While I would prefer for this to be an original Pixar film, I trust that they had a reason for making it (a story-driven reason).
- Spider Man: Far from Home (July): I know nothing about this movie other than that I really want to see it and that Spider-Man is probably in it.
- It: Chapter 2 (September): This was the biggest surprise for me, and it’s possible it shouldn’t be on the list, as I might be too scared to actually see it. Plus, it won’t have kids-on-bikes vibe I loved so much about Chapter 1. But I still kind of want to see it in the theater, if not just to be a part of the cultural experience.
- Star Wars Episode IX (December): Please be awesome. Please, please be awesome. Trust you I do, JJ Abrams.
Honorable mentions: The LEGO Movie 2, Alita: Battle Angel, Chaos Walking, Dumbo, Hellboy, Pokemon Detective Pikachu, Ad Astra, Aladdin, Men in Black International, Shazam!, Dark Phoenix, The Lion King, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Hobbs & Shaw, Downton Abbey, Zombieland 2, Gemini Man, Jumanji 2
What are a few movies you’re eagerly anticipating in 2019?