What’s the Best Freebie You’ve Ever Received at Work?
A friend asked this question at game night tonight, and there were some fun answers, so I thought I’d pose the question to you as well.
I’ll try to think of mine job by job, post-high school:
- movie theater: Free popcorn! I love popcorn, and it was quite delicious at the theater I worked at after high school.
- restaurants: I worked at 2 restaurants during summers in college. I liked the free Andes mints at the Olive Garden, and their breadsticks. The bread was also good at Crab Louie.
- publishing company: I worked as a project managed at a medical textbook publishing company after college, and I actually can’t recall getting anything free there.
- university facility: This was a nonprofit, so there were lots of free perks! We had a big fundraising event each year, so I got a “free” meal at the Ritz (which I didn’t have time to eat at the event, but still, leftovers are awesome). And sometimes people donated office furniture that we didn’t need, so I was able to take home a very comfy desk chair that I use to this day.
- Stonemaier Games: I’ve gotten some interesting free perks from running Stonemaier Games, including some special advance copies of games (Mechs vs Minions, The 7th Continent, and the recent Terra Mystica expansion).
What about you? What are some of your favorite free perks you’ve received at work over the years?